Board Of Management
The Patron, An Foras Pátrúnachta na Scoileanna Lán-Ghaeilge, nominate a Board of Management to run the school. The current Board Of Management was put in place in late 2012 to run for four years (2012-2016).
This is made up of 8 people:
- 2 direct nominees of the Patron - Micheál MacMathuna and Ruaidhrí Horan
- 2 parents of children enrolled in the school (one mother and one father) elected by the general body of parents of children enrolled in the school - currently Niamh Ashmore and Stephen Kilgallon
- The Principal - Clodagh Ní Mhaoilchiaráín
- One other teacher on the staff (elected by vote of teaching staff) - currently Cormac Ó Tuairisg
- 2 extra members from the community (proposed by the above nominees) - currently Áine Ní Choilean and Trevor Sargent
The Board Of Management manage the financial aspect of the school i.e. income & expenditure, and are externally audited. The board also sets the vision and policies of Gaelscoil Bhaile Brigín.
Board Of Management meetings are held monthly or more frequently if need arises. The two parent representatives on the Board are also on the Parents Committee linking the two committees. This is a very important as it allows parents a voice in the body that manages the Gaelscoil (and vice-versa from Board Of Management to Parents Committee); to consult with and advise the Board Of Management and Principal and gives parents access to information regarding how the school works.